I worked with the SIL Americas Area Access Coordinator to make language materials available to translators, researchers, and language development workers. There is a wealth of information that is simply inaccessible to those who could use it. I helped in the implementation of a system to make these materials available digitally, via the internet. Access to these materials affects the mechanics of language development and translation projects throughout the Americas Area and around the world.
I contributed in general to archiving processes related to text scanning, and the post processing of these scans into archival and distribution formats. I served as site manager and recruiter with a volunteer work force. I brokered accessions of older materials from their creators. I worked with IT staff to produce an automated reporting mechanism to track team progress.
- Photo Digitization project
- Audio Digitization project
- On Rights Management in Anthropological and Linguistic Sound Collections publication
- Media Rights for Organizations publication
- Language Documentation Collections: Assessment and Recognition project